We are hiring Research Scientist and Software Engineer(Security, Machine Learning, Bot/Fraud detection and so on)!! Drop me one email.
I am a Senior Research Scientist at F5 Networks based in New York City, NY. I received my Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Rutgers University in May, 2019, under the supervision of Prof. Saman Zonouz. Before that, I was pursuing my Master degree in Peking University, Beijing, China, under the supervision of Prof. Qingni Shen. During my master period, I was also a visiting student at Singapore Management University, Singapore, worked with Prof. Xuhua Ding.
- My research focuses on the intersection of Security, Privacy, and Data Analytics. Most of my work aims to solve software and system security problems by program analysis and data-driven techniques. My current and on-going work includes:
- Online Fraud Detection, Bot Detection and Abnormal Detection
- Phishing and Banking Malware Detection
- Embedded Systems Security
- Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
- Cyber-Physical Systems Resilience
- Systems Security and Privacy
- Intrusion Detection and Response Capabilities
Looking for potential research cooperation! Please don’t hesitate to email me if you are interested in developing novel technologies for the security and privacy.
- Looking for contributing to Academic Community as Conference/Journal Program Committee or Paper Reviewer.
- Jun, 2021. Our paper “Mini-Me, You Complete Me! Fine-grained Drone Security via DNN-based Approximate Computing” has been accpeted in RAID’21
- April, 2021. Our poster “Known Vulnerability Detection for WebAssembly Binaries” has been accpeted in IEEE S&P’21.
- March 4, 2020. Our paper “Hybrid Firmware Analysis for Known Mobile and IoT Security Vulnerabilities” has been accpeted in DSN’20.
- December 2, 2019. I am now serving as a PC member in SPAI 2020 (conjunction with AsiaCCS 2020)!
- August 15, 2019. I present our work in Usenix Security’19.
- August, 2019. Please check my Ph.D. thesis!
- July 20, 2019. I am now serving as a PC member in IEEE ISTAS 2019!
- July 12, 2019. Poster: Towards Robust Semantic Reverse Engineering of Control System Binaries has been accepted in Usenix Security’19.
- June 24, 2019. I present my DSN paper Tell Me More Than Just Assembly! Reversing Cyber-physical Execution Semantics of Embedded IoT Controller Software Binaries.
- May 28, 2019. I join Shape Security as Senior Research Scientist and start my new journey.
- May 19, 2019. I attend Rutgers University Commencement!
- May 16, 2019. I receive Rutgers ECE Academic Achievement Award 2018-2019.
- March 8, 2019. I successfully defense my thesis. Now Dr. Sun!
- October 21, 2017. I am now serving as a student PC member in IEEE S&P 2018!